My daughter, Rachel is due anytime now. Friends and family got together today and showered mother and baby with lots of pink pretties.
I can't believe I did it, but I finished her quilt just in time. For the front I combined three prints from this collection with a solid and a gingham check. The back is a soft flannel from the same collection as the three prints on the front.
Here's a list of things I learned while making this quilt:
1. Take lessons instead of attempting to teach yourself the art of quilt-making.
2. If you insist on teaching yourself, research the internet. There are lots of helpful web-sites.
3. There is a lot more math involved in this hobby than a mathaphobe (such as me) may feel comfortable.
4. Buy more material than you need if you can't cut straight.
5. Stop worrying about what you don't know and make the first cut.6. Accept that it won't be perfect.
7. Have fun.