Saturday, March 1, 2014

A Life That Wasn't Black and White

Playing around with Paint and Dorothy Parker.
She was an interesting person who seemed terribly sad.

rendered using my mouse (at work, don't tell)

But, she was the queen of humorous, pithy and acerbic comments:



"Men seldom make passes at girls who wear glasses.

A hangover is the wrath of grapes.

What fresh hell is this?

Don't look at me in that tone of voice.

The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue.

Beauty is skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone.

There's a hell of a distance between wise-cracking and wit. Wit has truth in it; wise-cracking is simply calisthenics with words.

That would be a good thing for them to cut on my tombstone: Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment."


6 comments:

  1. My dad always used to say "don't look at me with that tone of voice." I had no idea it was attributed to Dorothy Parker. I did know the "What fresh hell is this?" line was hers. Great drawing/

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad always used to say beauty is only skin deep but ugly goes clean to the bone. I thought he made that up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never knew that these witty sayings were from Dorothy Parker....and to think that I thought my parents were so witty!! Love the drawing, Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really good for just messing around. I'm gonna start calling you StevieWren Picasso. :) Hope you're doing well! God bless from your neighbor in Georgia. ~:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great work!!! At work, no less.

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you stopped by and I look forward to your comments. As Dr. Fraser Crane would say, "Hello, I'm listening."