It took me a few hours to decide how to make them, but I think the aprons turned out cute.
The main body of the apron is made from a dish towel. I used fabric that my daughter picked up at Ikea as well as cotton quilting fabric for the trim at the bottom, the waistband, pocket and ties. I used the whole length of the dishtowel, but cut about 6" off the width since the girls aren't very tall. Two are made with the towel as the widest portion, but the one that used the solid orange towel is made using more Ikea fabric and only 6" of the towel. So there is enough of the cut up towels left to make 3 more if I want too.
I embellished 2 of them with ribbon and rick rack and I'm thinking of adding some colorful buttons for fun.
Now I'm off to my craft room again to see if I can't keep this creative/productive thing going!
Hope you are having a peaceful Sunday.
p.s. We postponed seeing the play until next weekend when another friend who wants to see it will be able to join us. I heard from another friend who did attend that it was quite good .