- I was suspended from school when I was in High School for cheating. A boy I liked (don't they always get us in trouble) and I had the same history teacher but at different times. My class was first. On one particular test day, I left class and wrote down all the questions and answers I could remember and gave it to him to study...he used it as a cheat sheet. And got caught of course. The teacher recognized the handwriting and the guilty party (Cathy Early) was called down to the guidance counselor's office. When accused of the crime she vehemently denied ever writing anything for him. Finally my friend confessed that it wasn't Cathy, but rather me who had written the paper in question. Why were they so easily confused about who had written the cheat sheet....since I liked Cathy's style of handwriting, I had spent the whole year practicing writing like her....don't you think this makes me a successful forger?
- I had a crush on Tarzan when I was young. Johnny Weissmuller was my favorite Tarzan. Although I put a lot of practice into it my Tarzan yell, it was never as good as Carol Burnett's.
- I would like to have a collection of doll heads. They would make me smile and remember how mean I was to my little sister. Dolls made in the 50s and 60s were attached to their bodies by rubber bands. It freaked my sister out for me to pull their heads up and expose their neckbands....so I loved to scare her this way.
- I was jealous of my sister because I thought she was the pretty one....her hair is dark and her eyes are brown to my blue eyes and dirty blonde/brown hair. Maybe this is why I liked to be mean to her....hmmmmm.
- I used to have a recurring dream all the time in which I fell down on the steps of our church and couldn't get up. Does this make me the original "I've fallen and can't get up" lady?
- My online nickname is the nick that my family used to call me when I was 3 or 4.
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Pay It Foward
A few days ago Pat from Mille Fiori Favoriti presented me with this award and also challenged me to list six random things about myself. I am afraid I have already divulged most of my deep dark secrets or quirky facts, but I will give it a try.