Sunday, May 9, 2010

Home again, Home again Jiggety-Jog

first night on the beach for the four of us

the water was nice...no signs of oil from the giant oil spill (yet?)

the view from my workstation on the balcony...I'm not much of a lying on the beach kind of girl...I was content to swim in the pool, watch the water, the birds and the para-sailors from the balcony while working on scrap-booking...something I almost never get to do at home

pretty boat huh?

tropical scene at Lulu's Restaurant...fried shrimp and hush puppies

no trip to the beach is complete without a stop at Souvenir City
to purchase some shells and T-shirts...enter through the shark's mouth


All good things must come to an end...it's back to work for me ; )

14 comments:

  1. Welcome back. It looks like you were in a lovely area. I love the colours in the second to last image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great vacation...I want to go too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That ocean and the beach look so inviting, wow... makes me want summer to be here now.;))
    Glad you had a lovely trip.;)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to have you back again Steviewren. Glad you enjoyed your holiday. - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like it was a relaxing get-away with nice weather .. I would have been with you on the balcony ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome home. It appears that you had a great time. Beautiful skies, boats and of course a little shopping is always in order.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos. The view from the balcony is what I enjoyed last fall when on the coast. Looking forward to going again in a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sun, sand, ocean,birds, friends... and hopefully, no oil. Love the tropical colours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks like you had a grand old time. btw, i always make simple bean salads with: lettuce, tomato/carrots, spring onions,cucumber any type of canned beans, avocado, lemon juice and olive oil...can use chick peas too, yummmy ( remember I am a vegetarian).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Gorgeous! I'm catching up with your blog and WOW what a lovely place you escaped too! I like hush puppies too - yummy! Looks like you ladies made a memory to add to your scrapbooks too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stevie, I'm envying your beach getaway and that photo of Lulu's is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice photos...is this Galveston, by any chance? I can't remember where you are from but it seems to me you are a Southern girl like me( I am originally from Columbus, GA - went to nursing school in New Orleans and do I ever love hushpuppies ).

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you stopped by and I look forward to your comments. As Dr. Fraser Crane would say, "Hello, I'm listening."