Saturday, September 13, 2008

Rambling Around Saturday

I set out this morning to run some errands, but soon was side tracked and wound up driving through the neighborhood taking pictures.

This old cemetery, which is right on the main street of the little town nearby, has a huge magnolia and a huge oak tree in the middle. I tried and tried to get good shots but I couldn't eliminate the glare in the sky. I probably was there at the wrong time of the day.


I saw a couple of old car aficionados taking their girls out for a spin.


I love this old garage with its peeling paint.

Looks like they're serving catfish over at The Mall Cafe tonight.

Sooner or later the owner of this farm land will sell it and someone will build new homes on this rolling hillside. The thought already makes me sad.

Isn't the sky glorious today. It is pretty breezy...probably winds coming up from the Gulf of Mexico.

I'll end this Saturday tour with a look at my first and last flowers of the summer. I usually have a bed filled with blooming flowers around my mailbox. I got a late start this year planting seeds and this cosmos has just begun to bloom. Serves me right for not getting in gear earlier. There are 4 or 5 other cosmos that haven't even begun to bloom yet. I don't know if they will.

Hope you are having an enjoyable Saturday wherever you are.

12 comments:

  1. I love the rolling hills with the beautiful puffy clouds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that sky is wonderful! I love cosmos, too...haven't planted any in a few years...it's so cheery! Thanks for the Saturday morning drive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The old tombstones in that cemetery are wonderful. And I want to stop off at that antique mall for a couple of hours, if you don't mind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you and wishing you a good Sunday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful blog! I am so glad that I stopped by and visited! Loved the pictures...I love to wander through an old cemetery and read the grave stones! I now must go back and read some of your older posts!

    Juri

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Thanks for taking me along. I like decrepit old garages too. That rolling countryside is so beautiful, what a view....sad to think that it may be filled with housing ere long. I feel as you do about it. The cemetery is laden with melancholy atmosphere...would like to read those gravestones up close.

    Catfish? I didn't know people ate that. Is that a southern specialty?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alex, I love the same things too. Yesterday was a beautiful day.

    Betsy, I envisioned a whole bed of cosmos. I will have to plant the seeds earlier next year. I usually put zinnias there but decided it is time for a change.

    Willow, that particular cemetery always calls out to me to stop and wander around. The antique mall is fun too. I bought an old clock there once.

    Juri, I'm glad you stopped by too. Please make me a regular stop on your blog visits!

    Lavinia, people love catfish in the South. Not me though...it tastes too fishy to me. We even have catfish farms in Alabama. The fish are feed on grain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful way to spend a Saturday afternoon! Aren't we blessed to be able to see so much beauty? I, too, love the old cemetaries and find them so interesting. You are always inspiring to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the way your passed your Saturday. Love those old tombstones too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing pictures of your neck of the woods. I may live hundreds and hundreds of miles from you, but those pictues could be taken right here in RI. Small little world. I should share pictures of my town. I did say I was going to take pictures of a sunflower patch. However, with storm we had last week, there was not much left to photograph :(.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cosmos are my favourite annual. Thanks for popping over to see our site!

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you stopped by and I look forward to your comments. As Dr. Fraser Crane would say, "Hello, I'm listening."