This got me to thinking about punny names. These are some of my favorites:
- Once overheard a mother talking to her child....Daily Grace
- Former customers....Minnie Tartt, Willie B. High, Owen Cash
- Characters in a favorite childhood book....Candy Kane and her sister Sugar
- True fact, I once took art from a woman named London Bridges
- Daughter's friend contributed these names to my list....Nita Carr, Holli Cost and Paige Turner
- Anita Mann ....to do some chores around the house
- What about Brighton Early or Justin Case?
I found these stories on a site dedicated to crazy names.
Someone sent me this: "A coworker whose last name is Naze wanted to name his daughter May Ann Naze but his wife refused."
Then a few months later I received this: "I believe I was that child. My dad (Robert Naze) used to tell me that story all the time when I was a little girl. He and my grandfather both wanted that to be my name because they thought it was hilarious, but my mom refused because she didn't want me to get made fun of as a child. My name instead ended up being Melissa Ann Naze."
Someone else sent me this: "My aunt's name is Debra May Page and she married Patrick Dye, so now she is called Debra May Dye!!"
And this is from another Dye: "My maiden name is Mandy Brown and I married Timmy Dye. My name is now Mandy Brown Dye. Our marriage announcement in the local paper read BROWN-DYE. I also know siblings named Rusty Keys and Penny Keys. I almost named my kids May Dye and Will Dye. My husband wouldn't have it!"
Seriously people, who would really name their children any of this stuff?