Saturday, August 27, 2011

Mom, I'm Working on My 5 a Day

Zucchini Ravioli Lasagna


I recently read a recipe for this somewhere. I didn't save it, so I made it up this past week. It turned out to be very good. I've had a slice every night. (I don't cook very often)  There is one for supper tonight and I frozen more for later. I've never been able to un-learn how to cook for a crowd...thus the super sized casserole.

Here's how you can make it if you wish to try it or better yet...if you like to hide your vegetables under something delicious...like me.

2 jars ready to use spaghetti sauce
1 lb of hamburger browned
Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese
1 family size pkg of 3 cheese ravioli
2 large zucchini
celery seed, basil, parsley, red pepper flakes and seasoning to taste.

Brown meat. Add seasonings and cover the bottom of a large casserole dish with meat sauce. Then mix the spaghetti sauce and cooked ravioli. Place a layer of meat and ravioli sauce in the dish and top with thin sliced zucchini. Put cheeses on top of this. Then add another layer of all ingredients ending with meat sauce only. Top with cheese and bake for about 30 minutes at 350.  The zucchini will be slightly al dente.

Bon appetit!

11 comments:

  1. I just ate lunch, and now I am hungry all over again! This sounds awesome! Hope you have a great weekend Stevie. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still cook like I am feeding teenaged boys. Ha.. We too freeze half or more of recipes for later. It is just difficult to cook for one or even two. This also reminds me of a recipe that I did to get the kids to eat zucchini. Not near as elaborate as your recipe. I just sliced the zucchini in 1/4" slices, placed them on a sprayed cookie sheet, added a topping of canned spaghetti sauce, browned hamburger & Onion. Then topped with mozrella cheese. It was like pizza with no crust.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum .. a sort of ravioli lasagna .. I can do this with all veggies .. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great(and easy) recipe.;) Even a non cook like me should be able to master this one.;)
    Hope you had a nice weekend,
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! We love leftovers and I love having something in the freezer. I'm going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks and sounds yummy. I love zuchs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds nice Steph - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always put a smile on my face. The short story about the neighbor thinking someone died to your home cooked meal which sounds yummy. To bad I have ot watch my hubby's cholesterol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love zucchini and all the summer squashes...never needed to disguise them but, of course, all the fixings make them even better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds really good, Stevie! I love having leftovers so a large recipe is welcome

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you stopped by and I look forward to your comments. As Dr. Fraser Crane would say, "Hello, I'm listening."