Saturday, May 31, 2008

Five Blogs That Make My Day

Thank you Willow , from Life at Willow Manor, for putting me on the list of blogs that make you happy. I am truly honored.

I found my first blog by googling a local artist. I read it and I was hooked from that time on. I love to hear people's stories, to know what makes them happy, to look at their photos, to know a little of what makes them tick. Blogs are the perfect virtual vehicle for doing so. You post when you can, I read when I'm available. We leave messages for each other. We communicate.

It isn't easy to pick five blogs to share. I think like Lavinia Ladyslipper, five hundred is more like it. Please forgive me if I pick some blogs that have been selected previously. I won't put you on the list Willow, Lavinia, Modgirl, Denise, Betsy, Rebecca. I know you have been previously selected and I hope you know that your blogs have been making my day almost the entire time I have been on this blogger's adventure. So here goes.

Please check out:
  1. Seeking Delightful Pleasures because she has been making me happy for 27 years now. If I had put in a special order with God for a daughter, I couldn't have ordered anyone more perfect than the daughter He gave me. She is smart and kind and funny too. We like to watch movies together. She loves to organize her home and mine. She loves a bargain and she is going to make me a grandmother in February.
  2. Mille Fiori Favoriti because of her love for all things Brooklyn and NYC related. Pat just returned home from Ireland so rush on over to her place to take a virtual tour of that lovely green isle.
  3. The Smitten Image because Hillary takes beautiful photographs and loves her boys and has a great sense of humor. She lives in Canada, so give her a warm south of the border welcome if you are from the US.
  4. Posy is a blog you don't want to miss if you like roses and pink and English car-boot sales. Jane is from a seaside town in Devon England. She has an inordinate love of all things girlie and a delightful natural writing style.
  5. Life's Funny Like That because Debby is thoughtful and honest and funny. Her observations touch my heart and make me think.


The rules for this award are:
1) Write a post with links to 5 blogs that make me think and/or make
my day.
2) Acknowledge the post of the award giver (Thank you, Willow!)
3) Tell the award winners that they have won by commenting on their
blogs with the news!

8 comments:

  1. Thanks so much Steviewren... you.. well, you made my day! :)

    I don't follow rules very well, and you can probably tell by my blog that I tend to shy away from memes/taggings, but I sure do appreciate the kind mention. And please know that I feel the same way about yours, and look forward to checking out your other day-making sites. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course,you made tears come to my eyes. Thanks so much for giving me the award. I feel honored. I am so glad that you started blogging. You have far surpassed me in you blogging endeavors. I can't wait to continue to read your insightful and creative posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny...I've been blogging with your daughter...and didn't know it was your daughter! So...congrats to you, too, for the little one coming in February! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some of these bloggers are new to me, so thanks for the recommendations! I'll have to pop over to their places and say hi.

    Hope you are enjoying your weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Steviewren, congratulations on your award. Two of your faves are familiar to me--the others merit a visit, especially your daughter's.

    Posy, what a nice name for a blog.

    Hope you're having a great weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the intro to more great blogs!! i'm off to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Thanks so much Steviewren! I feel honored! I'm always thrilled to know that my blog is interesting to others beside my friends and family members who read it. ;-)

    I'll be checking into your daughter's blog and also passing on the award when my Ireland posts are finished. Thanks again as your blog "makes my day" too!
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry it took me so long to acknowledge this wonderful award on my blog and distribute it, but I finally posted it tonight Steviewren! Thanks again!

    YOU MAKE MY DAY!

    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you stopped by and I look forward to your comments. As Dr. Fraser Crane would say, "Hello, I'm listening."