Sunday, May 18, 2008

Random Thoughts on a Sunday Evening

When I was young I was afraid to jump off the porch wall even though all my friends would do it. I have never been very coordinated. Do you think I wouldn't jump because I wasn't coordinated or I'm not coordinated because I wouldn't jump? Hmmmm........

I picked up this movie from my local public library and watched it this weekend. What a gem! It's sweet and funny and quirkie. Try it. Bet you'll like it.

Ludlow: Do you love him?
Myra: Lud, we've only had one date
[pause]
Myra: and two fights.

Remember Chatty Cathy Dolls? My sister had the blonde-haired blue-eyed one and mine had brown hair and eyes. Gosh I wish one of us had kept our doll.

Sis was the doll person and I was the book person. She would play dolls for hours...me, just long enough to dress them and decorate their homes, then it was back to the books. Sis also had a Charming Chatty.


I made this Artist Trading Card a few years ago to celebrate my sister and my relationship. That is us sitting in the grass together.

I spent yesterday afternoon visiting with family. My daughter-in-law is homeschooling these two bright and inquisitive little girls. They are standing in front of the models they are making of the organs of the body.

Daddy helped them crack open the geodes that are on the table. Little brother sure did try to get his hands on them.

He doesn't look too happy does he? Nobody lets him get ahold of the good stuff! He is wearing his lunch on his belly proudly though.

This one is always willing to pose for a picture. Isn't she cute? It was a beautiful day for a picture beside a fountain.

Here is my mother's day present from the girls. They made these cute little suns in their pottery class. They have the creative gene don't they?

Here's a quote for the day. Sorry, I don't remember who wrote it.

"To me there are three things everyone should do every day. Number one is laugh. Number two is think-spend some time in thought. Number three, you should have your emotions move you to tears. If you laugh, think and cry, that's a heck of a day."

Go have a heck of a day!


7 comments:

  1. Not really sure if the doll I had as a child was a Chatty Cathy, but it did have a string in the back that you had to pull to make it talk. Mine was a blonde haired doll. I mostly had Barbie dolls, Skipper, Midge, Barbie and Ken. I used to sew their clothes, nothing special of course. Looks like you had a great time with the grandkids. To answer your question the owl cards are always a different pattern. Just something I cut out when I feel like making something.
    Take care,
    densie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy your Sunday random thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute neices and nephew! :)
    I'll have to check out that movie, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The kids are so cute! Looks like you had a fun visit...yes, they do have the creativity gene..and their grandma to thank for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG,He is getting so big. I can't believe how fast they grow.

    Love your random Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Geesh, those kidlets are adorable. I just want to squish Mr. Messy Eater!

    And boy did you hit on an old memory. I used to have a Charming Chatty doll too. I started wearing glasses at a very young age, and I think the doll reminded my mother of me. I felt a bond between CC and me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Ludlow film looks great...I'll look for it!

    I had a Chatty Cathy with brown hair and eyes exactly like that one. It's in a box somewhere around here. She has a crack in her torso and her legs won't stay attached. How I loved that doll! I probably pulled that string in the back of her neck a hundred thousand times!

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you stopped by and I look forward to your comments. As Dr. Fraser Crane would say, "Hello, I'm listening."