Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Most Precious Gift

The most precious gift we can offer others is our presence. When mindfulness embraces those we love, they will bloom like flowers. -Thich Nhat Hanh

Over at In The Lap of Loveliness you will find the story of this year's outing to their local ( sort of ) wildflower farm complete with pictures of my lovely granddaughters. So in that vein, I thought I would show you a picture of last year's outing which I was blessed to be a part of.

Those fields of flowers are poppies.

What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity. These are but trifles, to be sure; but, scattered along life's pathway, the good they do is inconceivable. -Joseph Addison

The artist is the confidant of nature, flowers carry on dialogues with him through the graceful bending of their stems and the harmoniously tinted nuances of their blossoms, Every flower has a cordial word which nature directs towards him. -Auguste Rodin

These two images were created digitally using MetaCreations Art Dabbler.

Flowers are the sweetest things God ever made and forgot to put a soul into.

-Henry Ward Beecher

A bit of fragrance clings to the hand that gives flowers. -Chinese Proverb

How does springtime, nature and God's good earth inspire you? What aspect of nature makes you smile the most?

7 comments:

  1. Well not the pollen. However, I love the sound of the birds singing, the smell of cut grass, hearing children outside playing, and smelling and seeing Spring's new flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished organizing all of the yard sale stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there...I wanted to say thank you for stopping by and for your sweet comment...I am enjoying your blog too...I love all your collections!My son still has a Woody doll from when he was just a wee boy.....and I love your alarm clock collection!
    I'd love to come back to visit!
    Blessings,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. You asksed, "How does springtime, nature and God's good earth inspire you? What aspect of nature makes you smile the most?"

    I think my answer is, spring is such a season of renewal. Where I live, the long cold winter obliterates all the greenery and colour from the landscape....and then when spring arrives, everything is reborn, miraculously to life. The buds blossom and the earth softens and the birds come back en masse...

    I am inspired because I am reminded that though Christ died, He was resurrected and arose, and this is the great promise to mankind.

    Now, as to what aspect of nature makes me smile most, I don't think I can narrow it down to just one thing. I suppose the aspect of the world coming alive again, after its winter slumber. Its the fulfillment of the promise of spring.

    p.s. I am enjoying your blog!

    -Lavinia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun to see that photo of the girls up top! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate yard sales! I am ready for this one to be over with!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know what I love the most about nature? The sounds of birds singing in the trees. That sound always makes me feel calm and happy. And fluffy white clouds floating in a cerulean sky makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you stopped by and I look forward to your comments. As Dr. Fraser Crane would say, "Hello, I'm listening."