Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Another Face And Something New

I've been trying to whip my messy house into shape this evening. I'm going to be babysitting for my oldest granddaughter (almost 9) and her brother (my youngest grandchild and only grandson until February when my daughter's son will be born, he's 1) this Friday and Saturday. So I didn't have time to really draw anything today.

But, while I checked blogs this evening I did start doodling. I drew it over postage calculations for Canada and Turkey. You can see the remainder of those words and figures on her face. I scanned the sketch into Photoshop, erased most of the numbers and applied some color. Then I flattened the image and added the Dry Brush filter.

Basically all the faces I draw from my head look like a younger prettier me. I have an oval face. My nose has a slight ball on the end. My hair used to be blonde when I was young. I suppose I draw the me I would like to be.

This next sketch is a work in progress. I started it yesterday. I'm not too good with perspective and line. I plan to work on this picture some more and I'll show you how it turns out.

Did anyone watch Project Runway tonight? It's down to the final 3. They will show their designs at Bryant Park fashion week. Tonight the challenge was to design a bridesmaid dress to go with the wedding dress they were told to make as part of their line. Leanne's inspiration was waves of water. It was really interesting to see how she incorporated that into her clothes. Kenley's bridesmaid dress was really cute. It was something you could imagine at a wedding. Just one more week to go of this favorite show of mine.

14 comments:

  1. I like to see the bits of you in the faces you draw! They are a delightful extension of you. :^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I always enjoy your drawings of faces. Just curious, is that chair in your house? I must admit that I too enjoy Project Runway. I enjoyed seeing their homes and families. Wouldn't it be fun to have a big creative space/studio? But, I suppose what ever space we have can be creative if we let it be. I liked the 'waves' on the skirts, but I couldn't help thinking that you would need to be super skinny to get away with that look. I just think it would be so fun to be working on your project with others going through the same challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great ink drawings. I especially like your banner. It is so cute and whimsical.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another wonderful face - you really know how to infuse emotion into them.

    And I think the perspective on your room is wonderful - that chair looks like something wonderful to curl up in and read a good book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Steviewren. Have you been to Muse swings or the birdbath recently? We are in the middle of the biggest jewellery heist in recent times, and trying to solve the case. We are asking all involved parties to account for there wherabouts on or about February 31, at 10:30 p.m. Rangoon time. Thank you.!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lavinia, I've got an alibi, really I do...you believe me don't you....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Steviewren,have you seen the photos in question. They're pretty incriminating! They're spread out on my marble top table over at the birdbath, being examined with a fine tooth comb...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the drawings. I tend to doodle faces, but they always end up taking a bizarre turn of some kind. Don't know what THAT means... The one with the chair looks so cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. False reports of mystery solved? Pop over to the birdbath and see just who is wanted for questioning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you will be very busy this weekend. It is a long weekend here in RI.
    I really don't know all that much about photshop, but it looks like a lot of fun!
    The leaves seem to be turning over night. I hope to post some pictures next week.
    denise

    ReplyDelete
  11. Got my second batch of cards today! This is so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. your faces are so good.and as for chairs-beyond my wild imaginings...so hard to get them right.

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you stopped by and I look forward to your comments. As Dr. Fraser Crane would say, "Hello, I'm listening."