Sunday, October 12, 2008

Happy Weekend

I would describe this past weekend as a busy, crafty, cuddly, crazy, messy, happy celebration of love and family.

Aubrey, 8 and her brother, Aiden, 1 spent Friday night and most of Saturday with me. We cooked. We sewed. We watched Survivor Man and Rachael Ray. We played. We ate. We talked. We slept some. We had a good time.

Here's Mister Cutie Pie. Can you see the banana in his hair? Big sister put it there.

It looks like he had something to say doesn't it?

He's a happy little person.

Except when his sister is torturing him.

I spent some time teaching Aubrey how to sew.

We used the sewing machine to make a doll dress. She cut the pattern herself.
I showed her how to embellish her outfit with lace and buttons.


It fit the teddy bear perfectly.

We also tried out this recipe.

But 4 cookies are all we managed to coat with almond bark because
I discovered that if you heat it too much it get hard and crumbly....who knew?????


But all in all, a good time was had by all.

Especially me!

The weekend ended with a chocolate birthday cake for Rachel.

12 comments:

  1. What lovely family time. Those children are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your beautiful children and grand children look just like you, Stevie! You are such a good grandmother!! Loved these pix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stevie - you are such a wonderful Grandma! All those little ones will have such nice memories of time spent with you. Cute teddy bear shirt and lots of preetty smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great looking bunch! It looks like you all had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like everyone had a nice time. He does look like a happy baby. Your granddaughter looked so happy with her finished outfit. Hope you try those cookies again...I used a white chocolate dip that is found in the produce section...or candy melts. Did I mention they also make cute Santa cookies? Or as I found out you can eat them right out of the bag!!!!
    denise

    ReplyDelete
  6. How could I forget the birthday girl. Happy (belated) Birthday Rachel!
    denise

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you guys were really making some great memories. Everyone looks so happy. I need to teach Avery how to sew. She loves to do art with me so maybe she will love the sewing too. Such sweet times and sweet children you have.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww look at those beautiful happy faces.. every one of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing the pictures....those kids are adorable! Looks like you all had a blast! ..and I bet you slept well, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your grands are both adorable! I love their strawberry blond hair. It looks like you had lots of fun and made lots of good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How on *earth* did I miss this post?!?! Chocolate cake with lush frosting and I wasn't there to have a slice or three?!?

    Happy Birthday.....!

    And your grandkids are adorable. Those freckles are irresistable!

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you stopped by and I look forward to your comments. As Dr. Fraser Crane would say, "Hello, I'm listening."