Monday, October 20, 2008

Interesting Things

The interesting things that happened today would fit in a nutshell. I saw a hot air balloon on the way to work. That hasn't ever happened before.

Here are the pictures to prove it. They are all drive-by shootings. I grabbed the camera as soon as I saw the tip of the balloon over the trees. I snapped the shots all the way down the road. But I won't make you look at all of them, even though it was the best thing that happened all day.

And that's it. That's all. Done.



Oh yeah, I drew too. It's a good thing I like to draw, otherwise my reports would probably have had random words written all over them (cause that is the other thing I do when I have pen in hand and paper in front of me) and unless Diahn was hosting Writober instead Artober, I wouldn't have anything else to blog about today since nothing interesting happened. So.....

Here are the pictures to prove it.....I placed my subject (art talk for leaf I picked up outside the office door) beside the leaf I drew and taped on my daily calendar to show....well the subject of today's artistic endeavor.


I'm not so great with leaves. I overworked it I think. But it is hard to make a leaf color when all you have is orange, yellow and purple highlighters, a pencil, a red and black pen to come up with something that resembles coppery brown.
I also made this quick sketch of my co-worker. The head is all wrong, but it is what it is.

And now I'm done. In a nutshell.

10 comments:

  1. Okay. I don't think you overwork the leaf. I personally like lots of color and lots of lines make it interesting to me. Now that's just me, but I especially enjoyed the co-worker. Isn't it great to be able to look and see and draw? You go, Steviewren!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hot air balloon! The Mister and I went on a balloon ride once...its was amazing! You got some great shots of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the leaf. The lines and color make it look suffuced with living energy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually that balloon is pretty neat. Worth a second or third look, slowdown or total stop.

    THe leaf is pretty! Very nice amalgamation of tones and hues..just like nature!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is the little things that make our days interesting. It would make my day if I saw a hot air balloon! Your leave is fine! I love all the colors! I admire your dedication!
    How dare the cable company fool with all the channels. What nerve!
    denise

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice leaf drawing.
    Drifting slowly and silently through the sky in a hot air balloon would be so lovely.
    One day....
    Greatings from New Zealand.
    I saw no hot air balloons but I did see several hang gliders soaring down from the top of the local high hill. Looks so dangerous, but it seems that they mainly survive the experiance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Steph,
    Hot Air Balloon Touristic Tours are to organize widely here in Turkey. Because of the nature beauty down to earth is so gorgeous, and panoramic view stunning.
    Njoyed your photo very much, excellent shot in pretty charming orangey yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are some wonderful shots for a drive-by. And I happen to love your "leave." ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hilary, I was wondering if anyone else would notice that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never saw a big hot air balloon until my son moved to Colorado -- he was living on the outskirts of Boulder at the time and a Hot Air Balloon business was next to his apartment complex and every day baloons would take tourists overhead --- it was wonderful! He managed one ride with his bride before they moved to Denver.

    Maybe someday I'll be brave enough to try a ride too ;-)

    Good rendition of the leaf!

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you stopped by and I look forward to your comments. As Dr. Fraser Crane would say, "Hello, I'm listening."