Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Randomness

This blog entry is all about my random life, places I've been lately and the random things I've pointed my camera towards and clicked.

I was inspired to pull the camera out, while driving home one night, by the sight of these clouds rolling back like a theater curtain to reveal a beautiful sky.

I jerked my car off the rode early one morning to photograph steam rising off a local lake. The water was obviously warmer than the outside temperature.

This re-purposed church got my attention recently. I love the look of old bricks.

Something about this sign made me want to take a picture. Probably because life is full of blind curves and bumps. Slow down, life is coming at ya!

Don't ask me why, I just like this one. Pipes and stripes and shadows....so pretty.

This hill popping up towards the sky out of nowhere made me get the camera out before I pulled out of the gas station one morning. It's something about those slanted trees on top.

I saw these tomatoes and pears on a plate at my mother's house. They say Cezanne to me. I say maybe I should try to paint them.

May this couple be as happy in 25 years as they are today!

This was taken on my recent Museum visit, right after I learned that it is permissible to take pictures of anything in their permanent collection without a flash. Too bad we were on the way out instead of the way in.

Since this sign always makes me happy I decided that it deserved a portrait.

How do you like the polka-dotted sky?

I guess this blog entry isn't so random after all. Really, it's all about all the beautiful things that inspire me along the way.

14 comments:

  1. What a beautful post to look at Stevie! I really enjoyed it! Each and every photo was interesting, which just goes to show that we are surrounded by beauty no matter where we live!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pictorial slices of life. Speaking of road sign mottos, I was asked to make a picture of my life motto in college. I passed a sign on I-75 each morning that says "Long Bridge Ahead - Check Gas" I used it. It's a good one. I saw the professor several years later and she said each year she has her students do the same exercise. She always mentions my road sign motto.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beauty in the ordinary....one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful steamy lake and the old church reminds me so much of the Brethren Church I went to with my grandparents as a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ever since our trip out west I've been really observant of skies and clouds. I love a deep blue sky or a dark gray sky full of interesting shaped clouds. Makes for great photos and happy imaginings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're all quite wonderful, but that steamy lake evoked a WOW.. beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the dark clouds rolling away...

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great drive to work! You have captured some wonderful shots. I love the steam on the lake and the theatre-curtain sky.

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey...you were really taking time to "stop and smell the roses." Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good evening, Steviewren...I hope you are doing well. Your pictures are great. I especially love the one of the mist/fog on the pond.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful drive you have! I loved the photos of the lake and trees. Nature at its best! I wanted to visit you and say thanks so much for leaving such a sweet comment on my Artful Blogging post. I appreciated your kindness! xo ~ Joy

    ReplyDelete
  12. The sky is really very pretty where you are. THese photos are lovely, no wonder they serve as inspiration. Birdbaths and beyond...right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  13. absolutely fantastic randomness!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I thoroughly enjoyed the drive. So often we think there is nothing remarkable about our surroundings but when you write a blog you see everything with new eyes. Things that I've thought are random mundane or unremarkable have initiated the biggest response on my blog. These photographs are all so interesting to me and I love that sign....Sylvia's Birdbath & Beyond.

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you stopped by and I look forward to your comments. As Dr. Fraser Crane would say, "Hello, I'm listening."