Recently, Kat at Poetikat's Invisible Keepsakes challenged me to tell you Seven Things You May Or May Not Know About Me. So here goes.
1. I'm a night owl. True confession...I let my granddaughters stay up to 12 am last night. The younger one fell asleep quickly, but her sister read while I finished baking the last batch of Cherry Tassies. Once I got in bed and we turned the lights out, I had to tell her 2 stories. Then we talked about something. I have to confess I don't remember what we were talking about because at that point it was 1 am and I was pooped. They are still asleep this morning and I hope they stay that way a few more hours.
2. I'm a born klutz. I stumble. I slip. I'm afraid I'll fall in front of people. Once I didn't see that a walkway had a step up. I tripped and slid into a plate glass window. There were people on the other side mixing and mingling. And looking down at the crazy woman who had just banged into the window at their feet. Can you say embarrassing?
3. I'm an introvert who finally learned how to start conversations with strangers in her 40s. I've had far few tension headaches since then.
4. I find electronics and mechanical things a huge challenge...in fact I think I might be retarded in that way.
5. I don't cry as often as I used to. I think I have menopause and no longer living with my ex husband to thank for that.
6. I haven't been going to church for the past couple of years. This is not good. I left my former church a few years ago for good reasons at the time, but it is where my friends are. I visited other churches, even found one that I like, but I don't know anyone there and I hate going alone. I'm thinking about going back to my old church. I surprised friends when I told them that I'm coming to the Christmas program next Sunday night.
7. My fondest wish is to be able to quit work. I'm not cut out for the 8 to 5 lifestyle. I don't think that way. I don't have enough education to get the kind of jobs that would be challenging and interesting to me. Whine, whine, whine.....
Diahn challenged me, on her blog Ottwork, to answer these questions with one word only....a near impossible task for me.
1. Where is your cell phone?… purse
2. Your hair?… bedhead
3. Your mother?… collector
4. Your father?… cancer
5. Your favorite food?… Mexican
6. Your dream last night?… neighborlookinginwindow?
7. Your favorite drink?… water
8. Your dream/goal?… retired
9. What room are you in?… computer
10. Your hobby?… blogging
11. Your fear?… lost
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years?… wealthyandnotworking
13. Where were you last night?… here
14. Something that you aren’t?… thin
15. Muffins?… please
16. Wish list item?… sofa
17. Where did you grow up?… Alabama
18. Last thing you did?… nibble
19. What are you wearing?… pajamas
20. Your TV?… on
21. Your Pets?… none
22. Friends?… many
23. Your life?… blessed
24. Your mood?… anticipatory
25. Missing Someone?… yep
26. Vehicle?… Corolla
27. Something you're not wearing?… socks
28. Your favorite store?… IKEA
29. Your favorite colour?… all
30. When was the last time you laughed?… lastnight
31. Last time you cried?… dunno
32. Your best friend?… multiple
33. One place that I go to over and over?… work
34. Facebook?… sortof
35. Favorite place to eat?… somany
Okay....I know I cheated, but you try to answer all these questions with only one word!
I'm supposed to pass both awards along. I know everyone is busy, busy at this time of the year, but I would love to hear how some of my faraway friends would answer these. So I'm challenging Protege, Soulbrush, Carmen, Trish and Denise to pick either one or both of these to answer. Check out their blogs by clicking their names. I'm sure you'll find something to love at each of their blogs.
Come on guys! I want to know more about you.
know lots more about you now. i can never resist a challenge, so will do these....dunno whether to say thanks or not, will tell you when i've done them. hugs jxxxReplyDelete
love getting to know you better this way :)ReplyDelete
I think it is interesting that I was just thinking that menopause has made me cry easier. Ha...ReplyDelete
A lot of fun stuff here about you! Definitely get back into your church family again, they miss you as much as you miss them! Have a great day!ReplyDelete
I can relate to much of what you said, Stevie. I'm in a real confused state with the church experience right now. It's never that I stop believing, I just don't feel at "home" at church right now. I'm not sure whether it's my dad's death or it's me, but I'm really disconnected. I think it's great that you're going to the Christmas program. I hope it jumpstarts your faith-experience for you.ReplyDelete
You've got to love menopause, don't you? (What else can you do?)
This was so fun! I want to know more about that dream! LOL!ReplyDelete
I was just thinking that menopause has made me cry easier.ReplyDelete
Work from home India
I will try to post this tonight. I am going to write some cards and then I'll get on the computer. It's foggy and cold here today. I was going to a funeral in north Georgia, but it's just too nasty out. Your title on the Santa picture was Naughty or Nice, I would say Definitely Nice!!!ReplyDelete
Ah, great answers on both! I so identify with your answer to nr. 3 in the first tag.;)ReplyDelete
Thank you for tagging me, I never say no to a good challenge.;) I might post mine next weekend.;)
Hope yours was lovely,
I always really enjoy these. It's fun to find out how much you have in common with someone else. And intriguing to see the differences!ReplyDelete
I will take the challenge. It really is a busy time, so please give me a week or so. I am a night owl, too! You were very honest with your answers. You have so much fun with your grandchildren. I am not sure what you were making,I have never heard of Cherry Tassies. I will have to google that.ReplyDelete
Nice to meet the real you Steviwren. - DaveReplyDelete
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.ReplyDelete