Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Double Dog

Consider yourself challenged! Post a picture of your junk spot and explain why no matter how often you clean that spot it just keeps getting JUNKED up!

Believe it or not, this is relatively clean compared to how it usually looks.

The dump in my house is my night table. I always walk straight back to my room when I get home at night. Mail and anything that doesn't have a home gets added to the Jenga pile of detritus by my bed. The remote control, the birthday card from sis that plays Aquarius and makes me smile, the Christmas ribbon that appeared one day from who knows where, the magic eraser that I keep meaning to clean the bathroom with, a hairbrush, the crafty present my son gave me that I haven't fixed, tags torn from new t-shirts, bills waiting to be paid, postage stamps, a cute picture I ordered from Etsy, but not the address book that I keep looking for.....these are a few of my junky things....


I double dog dare you! Confession is good for the soul!

12 comments:

  1. That is amazing, I never store anything on my night table.;) Everything you describe is always put away on my desk in the study. This might be due to the fact that my bedroom in the attic.;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaa, which pile would you like to see??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Compared to some spots at the manor, this does not qualify.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL I just turned and looked at my corner and shuttered.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aha .. an excellent challenge .. of course Casa Edelstein is filled with spots just like this... I promise a photo of mine soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stevie...in all honesty,I'm a prefectionist Virgo! Everything has it's place and I want it in it.
    However, I did find a spot I've been neglecting and I'll post it!
    xoxo :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Honesty, I have many piled up spots in my house...this one just bothers me the most. No matter how many resolutions I make to never mess it up again I pile it up before a day goes by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Since I can't post a picture, I will tell you that my junk spot is the corner of our office. At least yours is up off the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have no junk spot. I have junk spots. Little piles here and there...in the dining room, in the kitchen, in my closet, in a drawer. Not that I'm messy. I do clean them up, but there's always stuff, isn't there? Pens and bits of wrapping paper and scotch tape and measuring spoons and paper clips and bills and dental floss and books and hairballs and tumbleweeds and crumbs...since I started using a bread machine, there are forever crumbs!

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  10. hee hee i have a terrible mess on the table and floor next to my reading chair. tweezers, magnifying mirror, pile of books, magazines, used kleenex, paper plate left over from last night's piece of zucchini bread, pile of mail, a basket that holds all my manicure and pedicure supplies. it is quite trashy. my hubby jokingly calls it my "poor white trash girl corner".

    ReplyDelete
  11. Actually, here at the end of the summer, my whole house is a dump. And not just cluttered, but filthy. I blame it all of my five men. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love reading about piles of junk. I watched Obsessed on A & E about people with OCD. I am right there. I don't hoard like some, but it is ridiculous. I, like you,get it cleaned up and before you know it..boom..it is all piles again. My mother was so neat and clean and organized. I don't know why I can't let go of things that I should. I keep things that need to be thrown out. Magazines are my biggest problem. Then there's art supplies, writing items, lots of journals with a few pages used. If anyone finds the solution to this addiction of PILES please, please let me know. BTW my daughter does the same thing.

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you stopped by and I look forward to your comments. As Dr. Fraser Crane would say, "Hello, I'm listening."