Sunday, August 9, 2009

My Week in Review

1. 064, 2. 070, 3. 166, 4. 119, 5. 102, 6. 091, 7. 022, 8. 100, 9. 089, 10. 042, 11. 026, 12. 113, 13. 006, 14. 043, 15. 110, 16. 016, 17. 031, 18. 007, 19. 101, 20. 017, 21. 030, 22. 033, 23. 074, 24. 069, 25. 036, 26. 046, 27. 065, 28. 068, 29. 057, 30. 126

The highlights of the past week include babysitting 4 children in various combinations, having a belated birthday party for Mk which 7 of my eight grandchildren were able to attend, meeting fellow blogger Diahn Ott and her beautiful family at the Botanical Gardens, going to the Zoo, the Museum of Art, watching doughnuts being made, making so many trips to the grocery story that I can't remember the exact number including one at bedtime in pajamas (not me), listening to a Nancy Drew book on CD, a manicure on the front porch, numerious trips out to their other grandmother's to trade kiddos, a trip to Wal-Mart, a few fast food dinners because it was either too late or I was too tired to cook, early morning cartoons so I could sleep a little longer, some art projects, telling dozens of stories about Anna Louise Spotty (a made up character who has red hair, loves the color blue and loves to hunt for dinosaur bones among her various other adventures), and having a wonderful time together!

Last night LC and I picked up Mommy and Daddy at the airport all refreshed from their 10th anniversary vacation. They left for home this morning. See you at Christmas time.

ps I left out the part about the virus!

17 comments:

  1. :) sounds like a wonderful time (except for the virus)

    cute shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that cream puff in the Krispy Kream hat. :^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stevie, my favorite picture was you and the kids eating the birthday cake. That just looks like a delightful memory. Of course, you know I love the looks of the chocolate cake. You look so pretty. Let me know when you are coming back to Atl. trish

    ReplyDelete
  4. The picture under the umbrella is precious. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kiddo under the rainbow unbrella is my favourite but they all look like wonderful moments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely collage.;))
    Seems like you had a very busy but wonderful week.;))
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just looking at the photo mosaic wore me out. tee hee... Looks like you had a marvelous time. I bet the house feels empty now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a wonderful week! I love the Krispy Kreme shots~they remind me of the ones we always take of our kiddos there. They love that place:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun ... especially the donut cap for the itty Grand

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mom, you know what this all means...you officially get the "Best Grandmother Ever" award. I mean it. You really out did yourself this past week. I know your grandchildren will have the best memories and stories about you (just like I do about your parents). Thanks for being so selfless this past week. I love you and so does the cream puff.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the mosaic. I need to figure out how to do that. Stevie, your love for being a mom and grandma inspire me. And I can tell you are well loved, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh, I had two little friends (ages 4 and 6) over for an afternoon of pool time and I am exhausted! It sounds like you had a wondeful time. I am sure the kids look forward to spending time with such a fun grandmother. Anna Louise sounds like a fun little character.
    denise

    ReplyDelete
  13. GRAMMA IS AMAZING. I am kissing the ground you walk on from 800 miles away. Thank you thank you thank you for all you did this week...for making our amazing getaway possible, and for enjoying yourself in the process, even if it was exhausting.

    THANK YOU!!! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what fun and wonderful photos! my fave is the little guy in the krispy kreme hat! i just want to pinch his adorable little cheeks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow that collage is the neatest thing, I too love the krisp Keene shot. Sounds so good right now too, tee hee. I'm amazed you were able to blog about it, I am sooooooi behind but I will check up. Kiss those babies and have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey!
    i love the collage! and the way u recall the fun moments therein!
    And i must say, ur giving some of our current artists a run for their money!

    regards
    vrinda

    ReplyDelete
  17. i really love the way you collaged that whole week into one big block, they are such lovely kids...and what a young looking gran! have a look at my new etsy shop...i did it eeeeek....

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you stopped by and I look forward to your comments. As Dr. Fraser Crane would say, "Hello, I'm listening."