Saturday, August 9, 2008

Did you watch?

Loved the 2008 synchronized drummers.

Photo credit - Fabrice Coffrini/Getty Images

Photo credit - Adam Pretty/Getty Images

Loved the LCD dancer/painters.

Loved the lit globe with the runners circling it.

Photo credit- Xinhua

Be sure to enlarge this picture to see people walking around the globe. How are they doing that?

Photo credit - Xinhua

Loved the movable type printing performance. Fantastic!

Photo credit - Streeter Lecka/Getty Images

Loved seeing Li Ning running on air around the stadium carrying the Olympic torch.

Photo credit - Xinhua

The 2008 Beijing Olympic Opening Ceremonies did not disappoint this enthusiast.

How about you?

9 comments:

  1. Hi Steviewren...look at what I missed! No, I didn't watch...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your post! I didn't get to watch it...I was sick. :( How amazing the photos were...which means I REALLY did miss it. =/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pix!

    Hey, I made your waffles this morning and they were a huge hit at the Manor! Pop over and take a peek. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a former sportswriter, it was the best opening ceremony I've ever watched.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Stevie! I saw the drummers - that was fantastic, wasn't it? I didn't see the lit globe, but that looks pretty astounding too. I can't get over the smog though - everyone should have been issued a mask, I think.

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stevie...we watched the whole thing and loved it!! It was fantasticI really liked that we saw the faces of the Chinese people...beautiful children..they suffer at the hands of their leaders. I read recently that there are millions of Christians in China...I hope all goes well with the Olympics..we are watching now :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did not watch the whole thing. I liked the human typeset. The fireworks of the footsteps proceeding down the street were darn cool, weren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't watch the opening ceremony but your account makes me wish I did! I'm catching as much of the events as I can...my favorite is gymnastics so I'm looking forward to that!

    Hope you had a greta weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you stopped by and I look forward to your comments. As Dr. Fraser Crane would say, "Hello, I'm listening."